What we do
The association aims to:
- collect, evaluate and disseminate knowledge about all domains related to geosynthetics and related products, by:
- promoting geosynthetics through seminars, symposia, conferences, et cetera;
- publishing or sponsoring articles and books;
- creating bibliographies and collections of publications related to the scientific and technological objectives of BGS
- improve communication and understanding between all parties who are involved in geosynthetics and their applications, in particular between the textile sector and the civil engineering sector.
- promote the advancement of the techniques in geosynthetics and their applications by:
- encouraging, coordinating and/or sponsoring research and development in industry, universities, laboratories and other organizations;
- recognizing achievement that advance scientific knowledge and practical use of geosynthetics
- encouraging academic institutions to organize courses about geosynthetics and their applications
- encouraging, through its members, the standardization of test methodes, test kits and quality criteria for geosynthetics
The BGS hereby wishes to achieve the following: to promote the study and research about geosynthetics, geomembranes and related products and to promote their applications and the collaborations between engineers, scientists, users, producers and providers of these products.